Informazioni personali

Cerca nel blog

Translate

venerdì 10 maggio 2013

'Thin and beautiful' customers ONLY: #Abercrombie I'm not one of your customer (and I'll never be)

I know , I know I’m not an healthy example but I confess I am not so sad to not be an Abercrombie target 🙂 although would be nice to be in shape and handsome I barely think I would anyway be an Abercrombie customer. and to be clear is not because of they want to target a specific market sector, but because of the things I’ve read on why and how they plan to do.

But beside the fact I’m old, fat, bald and ugly I’m also one of those old crazy people who thinks that ethic should always be present in any aspect of our life, even business. So what I dislike here is not that they do not want to produce XXL stuffs (hey XXXL for me thanks), but that they consider people not formatted as their standard ugly or worse.

Well mr Jeffries, I think people like you, and the message you’re spreading, is even worse.

 

‘Thin and beautiful’ customers ONLY: How Abercrombie.

 

 

‘Thin and beautiful’ customers ONLY: How Abercrombie & Fitch doesn’t want ‘larger people’ shopping in its stores

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

Abercrombie & Fitch, which doesn’t make its womenswear above large, or pants above a size ten, has been accused of purposefully excluding plus-sized customers.

Robin Lewis, co-author of The New Rules of Retail, told Business Insider the retailer’s CEO, Mike Jeffries, ‘doesn’t want larger people shopping in his store, he wants thin and beautiful people.

‘He doesn’t want his core customers to see people who aren’t as hot as them wearing his clothing,’ Mr Lewis added. ‘People who wear his clothing should feel like they’re one of the “cool kids.”‘

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2320868/Thin-beautiful-customers-ONLY-How-Abercrombie–Fitch-doesnt-want-larger-people-shopping-stores.html#ixzz2SumRylOJ

 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento